Saturday, March 6, 2010

Sore Arms, Happy Hearts

We spent yesterday afternoon (and well into the evening!) getting a final checkup and the last rounds of vaccinations. After a four hour visit (don't get me started with the details, ugh) we have the green light to head on out! Poor Shawna (who HATES shots, I mean HATES shots, no... seriously... HATES shots, who HATES shots so much she wondered about the availability of general anesthesia to get the shots) received five more while I snuck away with only two (thanks to the military which has spent the better part of ten years juicing me up full of vaccines). I felt a little crumby today but didn't want to complain too much since Shawna got a few more than I did. Needless to say we have some sore arms (and Shawna has some sore thighs!), but it's all good because it's Saturday night, which means Sunday is tomorrow (final packing day)! That leads us to Monday (drive to Portland day), then on to Tuesday (get the kids settled at my mom's day). Wednesday and Thursday come (Flying, and more flying day). Then.... Friday (JOY DAY!!!). The best part is that we're 11 hours closer already thanks to the time difference!

We are getting so excited. I was lying wide awake this morning around 1am or 2am with my mind running like my old Subaru (refusing to stop) and I sensed Shawna awake. I quietly whispered, "Are you awake?" And without skipping a beat she replied, "Yup!" We talked for a while before managing a couple more hours of sleep. This sweet child is filling our minds, night and day, and we are getting so close to bringing her home.

Tomorrow morning we will head to church, then it's home to finish packing... I can't believe it's almost here!

We'll be there soon Joy!

No comments:

Post a Comment