Saturday, February 27, 2010

The Blog Keeper

Earlier this week Shawna assigned me the new duties of "The Blog Keeper." After rolling my eyes and reluctantly agreeing, (what's the point of these stupid things anyway, nobody reads them...), here I go.

My first order of business was to figure out what the heck blogging was. (I heard about it on the news and that Twix commercial) After snooping around the forum our adoption agency hosts, I found someone that had a blog about their adoption in Ethiopia. Then I stumbled upon another, and another, and another...

It is now after 4am and I have been reading blogs for about three hours now. (Head cold keeping me up for the second night in a row, at least I'm getting in tune with Ethiopian time) Wow! What an incredible online journey. These things are pretty amazing. I have found tons of information and have connected with some people. My only wish was that I had done this sooner! Many questions could have been answered from families going through the adoption process as opposed to emailing the adoption agency and waiting, and waiting, and waiting for information that might not have even been accurate. (Needless Yellow Fever Vaccinations come to mind!)

So hopefully this will be updated periodically. More so the next few weeks as we travel to Ethiopia. Shawna and I are rookies at this so if this isn't aesthetically pleasing or helpful, then sorry. We're hoping to keep family and friends updated, not only on our adventure to Ethiopia, but the Myron Family Adventure to come...

-Chris

No comments:

Post a Comment